APC Agent cannot be deleted or terminated arbitrarily to prevent forced termination due to malware or other processes. However, if you want to delete an installed APC Agent for administrative reasons, you can delete the Agent by changing the APC policy as shown below.
There are four settings for deleting APC Agent.
Each method is described below. (To use the 1 or 2 settings is recommended for uninstalling Agent.)
1. Allow when a correct agent password is entered
- User can uninstall Agent only by entering password set by administrator.
- This option is enabled only when administrator has set a password. [How to set the Agent uninstall Password]
- In Version 4.6.9 or below, if communication between APC Server and Agent is not possible, the authentication is going to be wrong. [Check for this issue]
2. Allow when an user authentication number is entered(This option was added since version 4.6.9)
1) When APC Agent user uninstall an agent, the "User Number" is shown as below.
2) The Agent user forwards the "User Number" to the APC Server administrator.
3) APC Server administrator clicks [?] > [Generate Authentication Number] in APC Admin.
4) Administrator enters the "User Number" received from Agent user and clicks "Generate Authentication Number".
5) A six-digit authentication number will be issued.
6) Agent user can delete the APC agent by entering the issued authentication number in the Authentication Number field and clicking OK.
3. Always allow
APC Agent user can uninstall Agent directly in Control panel - Uninstall a program.
(This option is not recommended for security reasons.)
4. Always deny
This setting prevents APC Agent users from deleting the APC agent in Control panel - Uninstall a program. If user is about to delete Agent, the following message will appear.