Let's learn about the grouping capabilities offered to manage multiple agent PCs more efficiently.
1. Right-click the top-level domain to go to [Manage Domain] - [Domain Settings].
2. On the Group Settings tab, select "Settings" for the automatic grouping settings.
3. You can select the method, path, target, and criteria for grouping in the automatic grouping settings.
- C class IP address
- B class IP address
- B/C class IP address
- Domains and Working Groups
- affiliated department
- Get group information
- Enter the path name for the top-level group
- All Connected Agents : Auto-grouping to all connected agent destinations
- Agents in Default Group : auto-grouping only to newly installed agent targets
[Automatic grouping criterion]
- IP address associated with server : IP address of agent PC recognized by server
- Agent physical IP address : the actual IP address of the agent PC
- In general, information can vary in a NAT environment with network equipment that changes IP in the middle. Typically, the IP address associated with the server and the agent physical IP address are the same.
If you are connected to the customer's personnel database, you can efficiently manage the agent by grouping it into your department.